Hey guys! So for the first post from my Twelve Posts of Christmas, I am bringing you my favourite Christmas cookie recipe! Extremely chocolaty with a hint of peppermint, this treat is perfect as a gift or alongside a hot cup of cocoa and will surely make you feel like the holidays are here!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon natural peppermint extract
- 1 cup white/whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 12 Hershey’s kisses (or big chocolate chips/pieces)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for 1-2 min or until light and creamy.
- Add egg and peppermint and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and powder.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
- Take 1 tbsp. worth of dough and roll it into a ball. Take a Hershey’s Kiss and encase it in the ball of dough, rolling the ball until it’s hidden inside to add a surprise factor to your cookies.
- Repeat with the rest of your dough (makes approx. 12 cookies) and place the balls on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 min.
- Transfer to a cooling rack, or eat them straight away!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and be sure to give it a try! Feel free to leave pictures of your baking creations in the comments below! Also, what is your favourite holiday recipe? I would love to know!
Happy holidays! Signing off,
“A beautiful life is created one sweet moment at a time.” – Lee F.