Basically, last week I had a night out with my family and we went to watch “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. I think that’s what it’s called. Now, I have never watched a Star Wars movie in my entire life nor do I know anything about the phenomenon other than the fact that this guy named Luke Skywalker is trained by a little green ninja elf to defeat this masked guy named Darth Vader who turns out to be his father. And I’ve played the music score in band. So basically, I know nothing. But of course, my dad is a MAJOR Star Wars fan…I mean like theories and action figures and all! Not to mention the movie soundtrack is played on repeat all day! This is a reaction to the new Star Wars movie, written by a completely clueless Star Wars newbie.
(In no way do I mean to offend any die-hard Star Wars fans out there, this is just my interpretation of a pretty awesome phenomenon that I have no clue about.)
So the movie begins with the famous yellow writing sliding its way into darkness while cool electric music plays in the background while the sky is lined with white dots that appear to be stars. With a clash and a boom, the “Star Wars” logo that everybody likes to try and recreate appears, cool font and all.
Da da da daa, dee, dee da da deeee da dee da da deeee da dee da dee daaaa. The famous music plays before everything goes black! And basically after this scene, I understood nothing more of the movie. Here are my questions/reactions to it.
- The magic food: Now don’t get me wrong, this scene was probably my favourite in the whole movie. I just didn’t understand how a teaspoon of green powder could magically turn into an edible bun! It had to be some kind of crazy chemical reaction or just some unexplainable Star Wars weirdness.
- Robot gibberish: This element od the movie really got me wondering, why could only certain people understand this robot/droid language? Was it because they’re Parselmouths but robot style? Were they taught this at school? Although pretty darn amazing, this wasn’t explained very well in the film which left me wondering if there are only certain kinds of people who could understand robot language.
- The creatures: In no way do I mean to judge the appearance of some of these creatures, but most of them were SO UGLY!! Putting aside the appearance, I felt like we didn’t get a full insight into all the creatures presented in the film, especially those in that café where those E.T lookalikes lived. You know what I mean? Like this café with a large variety of creepy but also just completely awesomely weird looking alien creatures? I thought it was such an amazing scene because of the detail in all the creatures’ appearances but I also thought that the scene wasn’t long enough for me to fully take in the characteristics and personalities of each and every creature presented.
- The bear-monkey named “Chewy”: Ok. Let’s just take a moment here…what in the world is this creature?? And why is he so weirdly cute?? I was very confused as to what this creature represented but it definitely added a new kind of depth to the story.
- WHERE IS THE GREEN ELF??: I don’t know what to say…that was the only part of the film I was really looking forward to…seeing Yoda the green elf! But he was no where to be seenL Could somebody please tell me where he is??
I thank you all for hearing me out on what I thought this film was about! It was really entertaining even if I didn’t really understand much at all. I would be so grateful if you took the time to explain more about this series to me in the comments below!
May the force be ever in your favour…right?
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda