Hello everybody, happy Sunday! I don’t know about you, but brownies have got to be one of my favourite chocolate treats. Although they are delicious, they aren’t the best for you. So, I decided to tweak one of my favourite brownie recipes to make them a little healthier as well as vegan because a couple of people in my family are allergic to egg:) Now you can enjoy brownies no matter what your dietary requirements! Enjoy<3
- 1¼-cup wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup chopped almonds, or nut of choice.
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced
- Combine flour, sugar cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix oil and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients gradually and mix to combine.
- Gradually pour almond milk and mix.
- Add chopped nuts to your mixture and combine.
- Spoon mixture into greased tin and flatten evenly to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until soft crust forms on the top of your brownie.
- Serve warm and enjoy:)
There you have it! My favourite vegan brownie recipe with no butter, eggs or milk:) Let me know your favourite brownie recipe in the comments and tell me how it goes of you try mine out!