Hola lovelies! It’s literally been so long since I’ve posted…if this was a real job, I’d be fired by now! School’s been keeping way to busy lately, but since it’s holidays right now I thought I’d share one of my favourite recipes ever. Oreos are magical and cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts ever; put together they are simply a match made in heaven! This recipe is so quick and simple it’s actually crazy. Crazy delicious. So without further ado, here it is!
- 40 (ish) Oreo cookies
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 800g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 300mL thickened cream
- 8g gelatine (2tsp dissolved in enough boiling water)
- Separate the Oreos (biscuits one bowl and filling in other)
- Crush the biscuits using a food processor or place them in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin. Set aside a sprinklings worth of crumbs for decoration.
- Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter, mixing until well combined
- Press into the bottom of a pie or cake tin and refrigerate
- Blend together the cream cheese, Oreo filling, sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer
- In a separate bowl whip the thickened cream before folding it through the cream cheese mixture
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water and add to the mixture
- Transfer mixture to the cheesecake tin evenly and sprinkle Oreo crumbs on top
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours min and serve!
And there you have it, my simple but delicious Oreo cheesecake recipe! It’s the perfect dessert to take to a party, or just enjoy all by yourself:)
Have a wonderful week lovelies!